It is important that you read this page. The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing this website you agree to the terms and conditions below:
1. This website is owned and maintained by the First State Investments (UK) Group of companies ("the Group"). The Group includes the following companies:
First State Investments (UK) Limited*
First State Investment Management (UK) Limited*
First State Investment Services (UK) Limited
First State Investments (UK Holdings) Limited
First State Investments International Limited*
*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
2. This website is issued in the United Kingdom and the information, services and products on the website are for use by residents of the United Kingdom only.
3. The Group has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained within this site is accurate, current, complete, fit for its intended purpose and compliant with the relevant United Kingdom legislation and regulations as at the date of issue. However, errors or omissions may occur due to circumstances beyond our control and no warranty is given or representation made regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information on this website. If you are in any doubt as to the accuracy of any information contained within this site, or if you require any further information, you may wish to contact us directly or take independent financial advice.
4. The Group accepts no responsibility for information contained in any other sites which can be accessed by hypertext link from this website, or for these sites not being available at all times. Please note that when you click on any external site hypertext link you will leave this website.
5. No warranty is given that the contents of this website are compatible with all computer systems or browsers or that the website shall be available on an uninterrupted basis. The Group does not accept any liability for any damages or losses arising from changes or alterations made to the website by unauthorised third parties.
6. Any material downloaded from this website is at your own risk. No warranty is given that the use of the website or any material downloaded will not cause damage to any property including, without limitation, loss of data or computer viruses.
7. The Group may delete or make changes to the information contained within this website without updating this site to reflect these changes.
8. The Group reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access to any page(s) included on this site without notice at any time and accepts no responsibility for these pages not being available.
9. The copyright in the pages of this website and the material and information contained in the pages is owned by or licensed to the Group. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Information on the website is not to be reproduced, copied or made available to others except with the prior written consent of the Group or for personal use only. Any research or analysis used in the preparation of this website has been procured by the Group for its own use.
10. Please remember that past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Exchange rate changes may cause the value of overseas investments to rise or fall. You may invest in an ISA if you are resident and ordinarily resident in the UK for tax purposes. The tax reliefs on ISAs and PEPs may be altered in future and their value to you depends on your own financial circumstances. The tax treatment of funds may be subject to change in future.
11. The pages on this site are for information only and do not constitute a financial promotion (as defined in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) or other financial, professional or investment advice in any way. If you are not sure about any information contained on this site, you may wish to consult a financial adviser who will be happy to advise what is best for you. Some advisers may charge to provide advice.
12. Please note that there is no guarantee that any e-mail sent by you will be received by us, or that the contents of any such e-mail will remain private during internet transmission. Any information is sent at your own personal risk.
14. If any provision in these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the other terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect so far as possible.
15. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.